Toward a New Way of Being with Plants Learn. Share. Connect.
Time & Location
About the Event
This free two-day online event will explore human/plant connections, including ethics in human treatment of plants, plant sentience and communication, and opportunities for developing more respectful and reciprocal relationships between humans and plants.
The goals of this conference are to:
- inspire people to change the ways in which they think about, interact with, and utilize plants so that their actions will be more respectful toward and collaborative with plants
- advance the perspective that plants are much more complex, sentient, and intelligent than is commonly acknowledged
- provide a forum for Indigenous and other perspectives that promote more respectful ways of relating with plants
- help to connect people who are interested in working for more respectful treatment of plants
- encourage and support the development of a network seeking to increase respectful treatment of plants that will continue after the event
- inspire and encourage scholarly emphasis on plant-human relationships
The conference will be held on the Whova platform using Zoom to facilitate attendee participation and involvement.