Mon, Oct 25|
Energy Ethics 2021 Energy Transitions & Planetary Futures
Time & Location
Oct 25, 2021, 7:00 PM EDT – Oct 27, 2021, 11:00 PM EDT
About the Event
You are warmly invited to the virtual Energy Ethics 2021 Conference on Energy Transitions and Planetary Futures taking place October 25-27 2021. This multidisciplinary 3-day virtual conference is organized by the Centre for Energy Ethics at the University of St Andrews.
In the lead-up to COP26, we will reflect carefully and critically on envisioned energy transitions and what they might entail. Bringing together researchers across the arts, humanities, social and natural sciences, we ask: what visions of society and planetary futures are being put forth by energy transitions around the world? What will their implications be? And how will they be realised?
We have an exciting programme of talks, screenings, debates and opportunities for connecting with publishers and funders! Featuring:
- 60+ papers from researchers across the arts, humanities & sciences, from 32+ universities
- Keynote Addresses from Dr Dana Powell (Appalachian State University) and Prof Kim Fortun (University of California, Irvine)
- Film Screenings & Q&As with Directors
- Roundtable on “Just Transitions” & New Books on Energy Roundtable
- Virtual Exhibit Hall to meet editors and pressers (including Berghahn, MIT Press, Duke University Press, Stanford University Press, Bloomsbury) and find out more about research centres working on energy in the UK