Time & Location
Sep 22, 2022, 8:00 AM
About the Event
Reworlding shares stories from the ground where people are using assembly processes to challenge existing power structures and re/create a decolonised relationship to power.
We’ll hear from:
- East Africa - communities across Kenya, Uganda and Tanzania are coming together to challenge the colonial conservation approach that is destroying their ways of life.
- Chile - a social outburst led from street assemblies to a Constitutional Assembly writing a new constitution - to be approved on a referendum on 4th September
- Scotland - using local assembly processes to bring communities together across different emergencies towards a citizen-led national assembly in 2024
In a day of online sessions, participants will share their experience of assemblies or community-based decision making processes:
- Why their assembly/ies began - what led to the decision to hold (the first) one?
- How do they work, what has been challenging and what has been most successful?
- How do they try to notice and prevent colonised habits from taking over in the assemblies?
- What have the assemblies led to, what happens next?
Join us to learn and connect with one another, be honest about our mistakes and failures, celebrate our successes and manage the roller-coaster of depression and elation in this work!